- Next-generation technologies – an exploration of the impact of the technologies of tomorrow with a close analysis of AI, machine learning, drones, VR, IoT, Blockchain, AR, cloud and the edge
- Examining how the inflow of investment will aid prosperity in Africa
- Promoting home-grown talent – how can we create a global market for African skills as we move into the era of digitalisation?
- Examining how we can boost the commercialisation of African tech discoveries on the world stage
- Learning from the Founder of Proudly Human, Director at the Foundation for Space Development and Mars One astronaut candidate on how to "reach for the moon" through education and science
- How to seek out championship – where to find your advocate
- How do you gain and retain visibility to a potential mentor?
- Understanding the different types of mentors to find the right fit for you
- Once you have found a good mentor, how do you become a good mentee?
- How can you make sure you’re getting the most out of the mentorship?
- Strategies for overcoming the cultural mentality of rural areas in Africa towards females in technology
- Identifying the skills that need to be included in primary, secondary and tertiary curriculums to increase female exposure to core tech skills
- Understanding the importance of partnerships between public bodies and private businesses in addressing the contributing factors to the gender gap and how we can overcome them to empower more women to consider tech
- How to identify allies and establish professional relationships
- How to give your network TLC to ensure relationships are mutually beneficial
- Key tips to use when ‘networking up’
Key takeaways include:
- Reviewing popular programming language trends over the last 5 years
- Pinpointing the current market-leading programming languages
- Assessing why Python has risen in the rankings
- The pros and cons of current programming languages
- Understanding the programming job market: demands and needs into 2020 and beyond
- Be yourself – learn how to bring your authentic self to work
- Believe in yourself – shoot the crows
- Understand how to identify the right leadership style for each situation
- Each one – teach one
- Lift as you rise
Event app - the latest conference information at your fingertips
All delegates, speakers and sponsors will have access to our custom event app. You will have the full event agenda at your fingertips, so that you can plan and maximise your time at Women in Tech Africa. The app will also give you exclusive access to the full attendee list, helping you make new connections and arrange meetings via our in-app appointment scheduler!
Network with industry peers
Attending Women in Tech Africa will open doors for you to speak with like-minded individuals from tech giants to innovative startups. Take advantage of the opportunity to network with over 1,200 female trailblazers to debate, share ideas and discuss business opportunities – you never know how these connections could assist in furthering your career.
So, what are you waiting for? There's only a few weeks off before Women in Tech Africa kicks off at the CCCC in Cape Town. Don't miss your chance to make a difference to your career and the wider industry as a whole. Secure your seat and book a pass now: