Ahead of this year’s Women in Tech Africa conference in Cape Town, running from 18th-19th March, we checked in with four of our inspirational speakers.
Here’s what you can expect from Shavani Naidoo, Wambui Kinya, Joylynn Kirui and Asha Patel at this groundbreaking conference in South Africa. These ladies will be sharing their knowledge of the sector and tips on how to succeed in a male-dominated industry, encouraging other female tech workers to progress in the field and smash that glass ceiling. They join over 70 speakers from a selection of the world’s leading technology companies and more than 300 attendees at our two-day event.Women in Tech Africa is part of the world's largest Women in Tech World Series.
Shavani Naidoo – Senior Expert - Data Science @ Primedia
'Creating An Enterprise Roadmap to Data Science' – 12:10, 18th March, The Future of Africa is Tech.
Businesses that choose to improve their algorithmic and data science capabilities will find more success in 2019. In light of the trend towards augmented analytics that automate tasks using machine learning or other data science techniques that extract greater insight, this session will define how to move beyond performing pockets of analytics.
• Learning how to embed data science capabilities across your enterprise as a core part of your day-to-day business.
• Identifying how these data points can be used to enable a raft of innovation.
• Clarity on the steps to securely gather, store and access high quality data.
• Gaining a clear understanding on how to deliver maximum ROI through data strategy and modelling.
• Identifying how to grow, motivate and retain the right data science-related talent.
Wambui Kinya – VP, Success @ Andela
'Top 10 Hot Tech Roles on the Rise in Africa' – 12:25, 18th March, Sustaining Africa's Next-Gen Workplace & Talent.
Joylynn Kirui – Senior Technology Security Assurance Officer @ Safaricom
Asha Patel – Head of Marketing @ Google South Africa
'5 Important Career Lessons Most People Learn Too Late in Life' – 14:30, 19th March, Gamechangers in Diversity & Inclusion.
• Defining key career lessons everyone working in tech should take to heart early in their careers.
• Learning from the top mistakes people make when progressing in their career.
• Hearing anecdotes about rising through the ranks in Africa's tech scene.